National Patent Management Attorney
Patents cannot monitor or enforce themselves. As a result, your patent portfolio must be proactively monitored and enforced if you wish to prevent competitors from selling your patented products and services.
Protecting Your Company’s Patents at Every Turn
Our national patent management lawyer can perform ongoing monitoring of the marketplace to determine whether any of your competitors is infringing any of the patents in your portfolio. If we do find any potentially infringing activity, we can perform an in-depth investigation of such activity and provide you with a legal opinion of whether such activity constitutes patent infringement. Such an opinion is a necessary first step in enforcing your patent rights against the competitor.
We also work closely with patent litigation firms to develop offensive and defensive strategies, and ensure effective enforcement of our clients’ patents in court. Specifically, we:
- Advise on the strongest infringement positions to pursue.
- Identify weaknesses in the patent that could be attacked and take defensive action in advance to eliminate and protect against such weaknesses.
- Anticipate how the defendant might design around the patent, and take action to obtain additional patents to protect against such design-arounds.
- Analyze the defendant’s patent portfolio to identify offensive actions that they could take against your company, and the take proactive steps to protect against those actions.
- Search for patents owned by third-parties that you could acquire for offensive or defensive purposes.
Contact an IP Protection Lawyer
Patent protection is only strong as long as you continually assert your IP rights against your competitors. Contact our Boston patent attorney online or call 978-318-9914, toll-free at 877-451-5689, to schedule an appointment. We provide flexible in-person and telephone appointment times to accommodate your busy schedule. Each new client receives a complimentary 30-minute consultation.